School Attendance Zone
- From the intersection of Boulevard des Laurentides and Autoroute 440 to the
- intersection of Autoroute 440 and Autoroute 19 (Papineau);
- Autoroute 19 (Papineau) to Rivière des Prairies;
- Rivière des Prairies to Boulevard Laval;
- Boulevard Laval to Boulevard St-Martin;
- Boulevard St-Martin to Boulevard des Laurentides to point of departure.
Zone Map click here
The map describing the attendance zone for this school is intended to provide a
general overview of the territory this school serves. Parents must contact the school in
question in order to confirm admissibility to the requested school.
In today’s world where bilingualism and teamwork are important assets, Jules Verne
Elementary School will prepare students for the challenges they will face in the
future. Our school believes in respect and values strengthened individually through
mutual support, mutual caring and mutual concern. Our purpose is to create a place
where everyone is safe, happy and achieving his/her highest level of ability.
At Jules Verne, we promote the acquisition of the English and French languages
through a stimulating and challenging program. We offer students and staff an
environment that fosters respect, cooperation and personal growth.
Be Ready means to -- Be Punctual; Be Prepared; Be Organized
- I will arrive on time.
- I will have all my materials.
- I am ready to learn.
- I keep my desk and locker in order.
Be Respectful means to -- Be Polite; Be Attentive; Be Kind
- I listen carefully to whoever is speaking.
- I follow the teacher’s instructions.
- I respect myself; I respect others; I respect property; I respect the environment.
Be Responsible means to -- Be Safe; Be Fair; Be Honest
- I always do my best.
- I complete all my assignments and homework.
- I know and follow the school rules.
- I play safely.
Our school was created in 2001 and named after the famous and visionary author Jules Verne who is known for his books such as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Around the World in 80 Days. When recommending names for the new school, the provisional governing board felt inspired by this author of the 19th Century who was French and whose innovative ideas and futuristic writings have been translated in many languages and are very well known to English literature.
Parent participation is exceptional. Parents work collaboratively with school staff members and administration. Their level of involvement as well as their dedication is most impressive. The Governing Board and Home and School meet once a month and many volunteers also help out when special events occur.
At the Kindergarten level, students will be immersed in the French language. Englsih will be taught 90 minutes a week.
From Cycle One to Cycle Three, 54% of the time will be devoted to French Language Instruction and 46% to English Language Instruction.
- Français Immersion
- Univers Social
- Ethique Culture et Religion
- Arts plastiques
- Éducation physique et éducation à la santé
- Art Dramatique
- English Language Arts
Events and activities
Jules Verne Elementary School takes part in various activities or school-wide community projects such as: a corn roast, pizza days, Terry Fox Run, book fairs, extracurricular activities, various community projects to help people in need, and outings.
- School Starts: 9:00 a.m.
- Recess Time: 11:05-11:25 a.m.
- Lunch Time: 12:25-1:20 p.m.
- Afternoon Recess: 2:20 - 2:40 p.m.
- School Ends: 3:52 p.m.
The school offers MELS day care services (8.10$day) beginning Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. We have a library, gymnasium, computer lab and Hot Meal service daily. We have the services of a psychologist, speech-language pathologist, nurse, social worker, resource teacher, music and physical education specialists and library personnel.
Examples of student work, pictures, staff E-mail addresses, our Anti-Bullying/Anti-Violence Plan and other information, may be found at our Web site : http://jverne.schoolqc.ca or facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/julesverneelementary .